Hello friends! I feel like these first few months have just flown by – I’m guessing it has something to do with just how crazy busy I’ve been. Between landing myself a new nursing job and continuing with blogging, I have found that my stress radar is often maxed out.
Between trying to find time to meditate, have some “me time”, and checking off all the errands on my to-do list – I’ve run out of fuel and not to mention “zen”. It’s hard to manage it all! But recently I’ve stumbled upon a company that creates all natural carbonate beverages that can help keep your stress meter down, while also allowing you to stay productive.
Tranquini is the mastermind behind this brand that has sourced natural ingredients such as green tea extract with theanine, lemon balm, chamomile, and lavender to create a beverage that provides a relaxation effect without the drowsiness. Now I don’t know about you, but lavender is one of my favourite essentials oils that I love to diffuse. But when you’re at work, you can’t really be busting out your diffuser to help bring the zen. Which is why I absolutely love the concept of a drink!
So here’s a bit of a breakdown of the product itself:
Like mentioned before, Tranquini is sourced from all natural ingredients. In addition to this, there are no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, it’s low in calories and sugars, it’s gluten-free, it’s vegan-friendly, and is only lightly carbonated (so you don’t get an upset stomach from having too many bubbles).
There are currently 4 flavours: mixed berries (my favourite flavour), green tea twist, ginger lemongrass, and hops & malted barley. Each are packaged in a 355ml can which provides you with the perfect amount!
From left to right: Hops & Malted Barley, Ginger Lemongrass, Mixed Berries and Green Tea Twist
So how does it work?
Not to get all science nerd on you but Tranquini stimulates your brains alpha-waves to help you mentally relax and re-focus. To help simplify it, Tranquini helps to calm the mind, heart rate and breathing while also lifting your spirits to allow you to focus and cope with what your busy day has to offer you. Typically it takes approximates 15-20 minutes for someone to start to feel the calming effects that Tranquini provides, however, this may also vary from person to person.
Looking to pick some up for yourself (and maybe for some of your colleagues)? Tranquini is currently available at Loblaws nationally, Sobeys in Ontario and the Atlantic, as well as select Convenience stores and Gas stations in Ontario.
Some other helpful tips to de-stress and remain focus:
- Keep a to-do list of meaningful and achievable tasks to help you stay on track and feel accomplished
- Carry some all natural essential oils and perfumes to dab on your pulse points (such a wrist and neck) – inhale the scent for 3 deep breaths (keep in mind that some work environments are scent-free and this may be prohibited)
- Take time when you’re feeling maxed out to practice breathing techniques. Click here for a reference of my favourite breathing technique that can be done at any time and only takes a few minutes.
- Leave some time every morning or evening to do something for yourself – this may be as simple as having a longer shower, making your bed, reading a chapter of a book before bed, watching your favourite show, etc.
- Practice gratitude and positive affirmations to keep yourself in the right frame of mind to allow positivity into your life!How